Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Trying Out Covergirl's Lashblast Luxe Mascara

Earlier this month, I was able to do some makeup shopping in the Fashion and Makeup Capital of the country -- Manila and one of the things that I bought is Covergirl's Lashblast Luxe Mascara. 

I have always been a fan of Maybelline's mascaras but I wanted to try something new this time. So, I got this pretty pink tube among the ones on display at the counter.

First thing I noticed is how huge the mascara wand is! I think it's even bigger than Maybelline's Colossal mascara. I think  the wand is made of silicon just like E.L.F.'s Mineral Infused Mascara, which I bought earlier in November. 

All of the brushes in Covergirl's Lashblast line are pretty much the same, however, the difference comes in the formula for each. The one I bought is the Lashblast Luxe. It's supposed to be a silky, velvety kind of mascara that makes you feel sort-of luxurious when you wear it. It's not waterproof though so it's great for everyday use.

So what I like about this formula is that it doesn't irritate my eyes unlike most of the cheaper mascaras that I've used. It also lengthens my eyelashes but the "curving-power" of this formula leaves a lot to be desired. I usually use an eyelash curler before putting on mascara but with this, I have to make my eyelashes curl more to get my desired effect. This mascara is also buildable. If I want a natural look, I just swipe a coat and I'm ready to go but if I want a more dramatic effect, I apply 2 to 3 coats. It also doesn't clump my lashes when I apply more of the product, which is pretty good.

Overall, I like this mascara and I'll give this a score of 7/10

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment